Employment Insurance benefits for self-employed people

Beginning in January 2011, self-employed Canadians will be able to access Employment Insurance (EI) special benefits. There are four types of EI special benefits:

Eligibility information

You may be eligible to access EI special benefits beginning in January 2011 if you:

  • are a self-employed person; and
  • are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada; and
  • have entered into an agreement with the Canada Employment Insurance Commission through Service Canada.

To read our memo that discusses this issue in more detail, please click here.


Posted on September 11, 2012, in Payroll, Self-employment and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: